søndag den 10. juli 2016

Figuring out the pinout of an ARTESYN 7000756-0000 psu

So in this post, quite a few years later. I'll share what I found, when I poked around on an old PSU I pulled out of an old scrapped IBM server. First off, some pictures















To utilize this PSU, you'll have to bridge the shorter pin (on my two units at least) to ground.

While poking around on this PSU, I found 5.5v on three commoned pins. I'm uncertain if these serve as 5VSB, but I'd imagine that to be the case.


Short post from here, but wanted to share.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Thanks for posting this - it is super useful (I've got the exact same power supply as you).

    However, until I found your post, I was going to go with this method to power it on, taken from an rcgroups post dated January 11, 2008:

    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8908033&postcount=3

    Could you comment on it? The author gets different PS ON and output pinouts and I just wanted to be sure before attempting it...

    Also, I was wondering whether you had tried to tweak the output voltage beyond 12.4V?

    Thanks in advance for your comments!
    (If there ere multiple copies of this post please delete - Tried to post a few times without success or so it seems)

    SvarSlet
  2. Hey, and sorry for the late answer. I rarely use this blog. If you have the same version as I do, the above should be good, but I can't say that for sure. As for tweaking the output, I don't know. I haven't had a use for these psus yet, I just had them laying around from an old server, and wanted to test them to decide if I wanted to keep them, so I wrote this post as I couldn't find anything on this particular model.

    SvarSlet
  3. Hello!!! u know how power on the pin out of this PSU

    IBM 7001599-J000???

    SvarSlet